size problem with a glyph copied from another font

size problem with a glyph copied from another font

Kent Tong
Hi

I am trying to copy some English glyphs from Arial into a Chinese font. It works but the English glyphs appear to be bigger than normal and they are jam-packed together, ie, a glyph overlapping with the neighboring glyphs horizontally and vertically.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks a ton!

--
Kent Tong
IT author and consultant, child education coach

Re: size problem with a glyph copied from another font

MMacD
Without seeing what you're seeing I can only guess, but the
horizonal size, and thus spacing, is controlled by the left &
right bearings respectively.  I suspect that they might not be
being copied.  Similarly with the respective vertical sizes of
Arial and the Chinese font.

Arial Unicode MS has an enormous number of Hanzi chars defined in
it already.  Perhaps comparing some of them with the
corresponding chars in your font would help?