[fontforge-users] Wont generate font

Mike Atnip

Hi, I am a new user. I downloaded and installed the 20141014 version for Windows. I am using an Inspiron laptop with Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

I was able to open an open source fount (OFL Sorts Mill Goudy) that works well on my system, but when I then try to generate a new font from the saved sfd file (with changes and without any changes from the original otf file) it generates an OTF file (using default settings) that is 0kb in size, and obviously cannot be used in any way. I generated to various folders (not to the fonts file in the Windows folder) with the same results.

Any help?

This software seems like it has a lot of potential, but obviously I need to be able to save and generate my changes.

I have used Ubuntu in the past (some 5years ago) but went back to Windows due to the need to use Adobe software. If Fontforge is more bug-free on Linux I could use a parallel Ubuntu again.

Thanks, Mike

Re: Wont generate font

Frank Trampe
Hi, Mike.

I'll test FontForge with that typeface tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Frank