[fontforge-devel] pdf output

Apostolos Syropoulos
Hello,

I am using a relatively recent version of fontforge

$ fontforge -version
Copyright (c) 2000-2014 by George Williams. See AUTHORS for Contributors.
 with many parts BSD <http://fontforge.org/license.html>. Please read LICENSE.
 Based on sources from 22:33 EET  3-Nov-2015-ML-D.
 Based on source from git with hash: 7c835f36ba5f86eb86c033805485b17804d879b8
Failed to open hotkey definition file:
/opt/gnu/bin/share/fontforge/hotkeys/default
no xdefs_filename!
TESTING: getPixmapDir:/opt/gnu/bin/share/fontforge/pixmaps
TESTING: getShareDir:/opt/gnu/bin/share/fontforge
TESTING: GResourceProgramDir:/opt/gnu/bin/amd64
trying default theme:/opt/gnu/bin/share/fontforge/pixmaps/resources
Failed to open resource file: /opt/gnu/bin/share/fontforge/pixmaps/resources
fontforge 22:33 EET  3-Nov-2015
libfontforge 20151103

I have noticed that when I choose to print a Full Page Glyph the PDF produced
is not correct.The first lines of the PDF file look as follows:

%PDF-1.4
%<81>รข<82><83>
1 0 obj
<<
  /Title (Character Displays from SVRsymbols)
  /Creator (FontForge)
  /Producer (FontForge)
    /CreationDate (D:20160302201858--2'00')
  /Author (Apostolos Syropoulos)

endobj

2 0 obj
<<
  /Pages 00007 0 R
  /Type /Catalog

endobj

endstream

Now here the Q is not needed as there was no q. Also there is the following code

endstream
endobj
6 0 obj
 2509
endobj

Here clearly the second Q is not needed. Ghostscript 9.16 complains that

**** File has unbalanced q/Q operators (too many Q's) ****

When I replace these two Qs with single empty space, there is no complain.
So it seems to me the routine that generates PDF files must be corrected.

Regards,
A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos