Quantcast

[fontforge-devel] opening SVG files

Apostolos Syropoulos
Hello,

I am using regularly FF for some projects I am involved. I am working
on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana and I have compiled the binaries I am
using. In a project I was working, a colleague was sending me SVG files
that included the glyphs of a font we were working on. Most of the times,
FF was crashing when I was attempting to insert a SVG file into the font.
Eventually, and after 10-20 tries, FF was loading the SVG file and I could
start processing the glyph. Interestingly, when I load an SVG font, FF does
not complain and works as expected. First of all, has anybody else
seen this? Second, has anyone any suggestion that might help me fix
this problem?

Regards,
A.S,

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, GREECE

Re: opening SVG files

luigi scarso

Il 05/giu/2016 10:07, "Apostolos Syropoulos" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I am using regularly FF for some projects I am involved. I am working
> on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana and I have compiled the binaries I am
> using. In a project I was working, a colleague was sending me SVG files
> that included the glyphs of a font we were working on. Most of the times,
> FF was crashing when I was attempting to insert a SVG file into the font.

Hm, can you compile a debugged version ?
Which version of OpenIndiana ?

--
luigi

Re: opening SVG files

Apostolos Syropoulos

> Il 05/giu/2016 10:07, "Apostolos Syropoulos" <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using regularly FF for some projects I am involved. I am working
>> on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana and I have compiled the binaries I am
>> using. In a project I was working, a colleague was sending me SVG files
>> that included the glyphs of a font we were working on. Most of the times,
>> FF was crashing when I was attempting to insert a SVG file into the font.
>
> Hm, can you compile a debugged version ?
> Which version of OpenIndiana ?

The version I am using is rather old but I can try to compile it on
fairly recent version
of the system.

A.S.

--