Quantcast

[fontforge-devel] PANOSE Contrast Horizontal Low, Horizontal Medium and Horizontal High

[fontforge-devel] PANOSE Contrast Horizontal Low, Horizontal Medium and Horizontal High

Pander
Hi all,

I am looking for the PANOSE definition for 10 Horizontal Low, 11
Horizontal Medium and 12 Horizontal High as value for Contrast in
Decorative Fonts. In the official specification I could not inf anything
on it. Alternatively, I would be just as happy with an explanation of
what these three values mean, preferably with some reference font or
drawing.

Thanks,

Pander

Re: PANOSE Contrast Horizontal Low, Horizontal Medium and Horizontal High

Abraham Lee
Hi, Pander!

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Pander <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking for the PANOSE definition for 10 Horizontal Low, 11
Horizontal Medium and 12 Horizontal High as value for Contrast in
Decorative Fonts. In the official specification I could not inf anything
on it. Alternatively, I would be just as happy with an explanation of
what these three values mean, preferably with some reference font or
drawing.

It seems the only place that references these options is on the PANOSE font classification website itself. I can't find any references (even within FF) for anything other than 0-"Any" to 9-"Very High", so picking one of those seems to be a good bet.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

Best,
Abraham

On 2017-01-19 19:13, Abraham Lee wrote:
> Hi, Pander!

>     I am looking for the PANOSE definition for 10 Horizontal Low, 11
>     Horizontal Medium and 12 Horizontal High as value for Contrast in
>     Decorative Fonts. In the official specification I could not inf anything
>     on it. Alternatively, I would be just as happy with an explanation of
>     what these three values mean, preferably with some reference font or
>     drawing.
>
> It seems the only place that references these options is on the PANOSE
> font classification website itself. I can't find any references (even
> within FF) for anything other than 0-"Any" to 9-"Very High", so picking
> one of those seems to be a good bet.
>
> Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

It is a tricky one indeed. Perhaps someone with a huge collection of
fonts on his or her machine could run http://pastebin.com/thdQ9dAt