[fontforge-devel] I still cannot bootstrap fontforge

[fontforge-devel] I still cannot bootstrap fontforge

Apostolos Syropoulos
Hello everybody,

Today I tried again to compile fontforge but.... it does not work!
I am still getting these join errors:

bootstrap: running: libtoolize --quiet
bootstrap: running: git clone --depth 365
'http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git' 'gnulib'
Cloning into 'gnulib'...
bootstrap: running: git submodule init
bootstrap: running: git submodule update
bootstrap: running: gnulib/gnulib-tool --aux-dir=config --m4-base=m4
--libtool --symlink --import warnings manywarnings c-strtod
gethostname getline iconv inet_ntop localeconv progname...
Module list with included dependencies (indented):
join: -: seek error
join: write error
    absolute-header
    alloca-opt

The hard disk is brand new and there is nothing wrong with it!!!
After a while bootstrap stops with

bootstrap: running: autoreconf --symlink --install
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:271: warning: macro 'AM_STDBOOL_H' not found in library
configure.ac:202: error: Could not locate the pkg-config autoconf macros.
   These are usually located in /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4. If your macros
   are in a different location, try setting the environment variable
   ACLOCAL="aclocal -I/other/macro/dir" before running autoreconf.
configure.ac:202: the top level
autom4te: m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

I repeat that I am using:

aclocal (GNU automake) 1.15
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.17
automake (GNU automake) 1.15
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.6

If this cannot be fixed, I would really appreciate it if someone
could run bootstrap on his machine and send me the resulting
folder as a compressed tar file.

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, GREECE

Re: I still cannot bootstrap fontforge

Werner LEMBERG

> I would really appreciate it if someone could run bootstrap on his
> machine and send me the resulting folder as a compressed tar file.

I'll send you something offline.

    Werner