Quantcast

[fontforge-devel] Announcing TruFont

Dave Crossland

Hi

I thought I'd announce here that Adrien Tétar - one of the most active FontForge developers in the last year or so - has started a new and clean UFOv3 font editor project that I see as a replacement to FontForge.

There's a longer discussion about the history and context for this here:

I invite all FontForge users and developers to join the TruFont project and help make a transition. However, TruFont is still in an early stage, so for type designers dedicated to using libre software, using both editors will be needed for a while... :)

--
Cheers
Dave

Re: Announcing TruFont

Daniel Kahn Gillmor-7
On Fri 2015-11-27 00:24:09 -0500, Dave Crossland wrote:

> I thought I'd announce here that Adrien Tétar - one of the most active
> FontForge developers in the last year or so - has started a new and clean
> UFOv3 font editor project that I see as a replacement to FontForge.
>
> There's a longer discussion about the history and context for this here:
>
> http://typedrawers.com/discussion/1165/introducing-trufont-world-s-first-native-ufo3-font-editor-fully-cross-platform
>
> I invite all FontForge users and developers to join the TruFont project and
> help make a transition. However, TruFont is still in an early stage, so for
> type designers dedicated to using libre software, using both editors will
> be needed for a while... :)

I've just filed https://bugs.debian.org/806464 to request a debian
package for trufont.  Sounds like something that should get wider
distribution.

thanks for the work on this!

       --dkg

Re: Announcing TruFont

tlarson
> I've just filed https://bugs.debian.org/806464 to request a debian
> package for trufont.  Sounds like something that should get wider
> distribution.

I'd be happy just to get a newer version of FF into pkgsrc. Last time I
tried building on NetBSD, it didn't go well, but I don't remember why.

Tim
--
Tim Larson