[fontforge-devel] Announcing - LibUniNamesList 10.0_beta 20170319

Joe

[fontforge-devel] Announcing - LibUniNamesList 10.0_beta 20170319

Joe
For anyone interested in trying-out unicode NamesList 10.0_beta (before it
is released in June), you may want to download the ZIP file located in this
branch directory here:
https://github.com/fontforge/libuninameslist/releases/tag/20170319

This update maintains the existing library 1.0 version, and will reply as
version 9.9 (not 10.0).

To build this library, you will need to run:
autoreconf -i
automake

before you can run these steps:
./configure   ( optional --enable-frenchlib still at ver7.0)
make
sudo make install

Another option is to download "libuninameslist-dist-20170319beta.tar.gz"
This is for users who cannot run autoreconf or automake. This only needs:
./configure   ( optional --enable-frenchlib still at ver7.0)
make
sudo make install

Files installed are:
/usr/local/lib/libuninameslist.1.0.*
/usr/local/include/uninameslist.h

...if you choose "./configure --enable-frenchlib" then added files are:
/usr/local/lib/libuninameslist-fr.1.0.*
/usr/local/include/uninameslist-fr.h

Thanks,
Joe

Re: [fontforge-devel] Announcing - LibUniNamesList 10.0_beta 20170319

jrbastien
Joe,

I always wanted to know this.  What does the French option will do?  Will FontForge display the characters with the French names?

I have tried configuring it with the --enable-frenchlib.  That worked without any issue but it does not make any difference to my system.

And is there anything I can do to help you with the testing here?

Thanks,

JR