Two Questions (OK button missing & Private Dir Err)

Two Questions (OK button missing & Private Dir Err)

flamingolady
hi.  This is my first (newbie) post, have researched but haven't found any answers to these 2 questions.

I'm using FF on a Win 7 platform and think my first issue may be due to Windows 7 and FF issue.
1.   I've created my first font (almost) successfully, but my 'pair kerning' info is not being retained.  When comparing my steps with the FF step by step guide - what I'm missing is the 'OK' button at the bottom of the page.  Specifically - Element>font info>Lookups>GPOS>Pairwise Positioning/Lookup Subtables.  When I add or edit the pairing data, there's no OK button at the bottom of the page - my page seems to be too big for my laptop screen, so I am not able to save my kerning pairs data successfully.  just to note:  I've had this happen in another pgm (Inkscape).  Is there a simple way to resize the screen or get that OK button to show up? I don't get a scroll bar either, so can't scroll down to it.  I can only see the uppermost portion of the glyphs too.

2.  How do I get rid of the validation error 'bad private directory'? It does NOT come up during a reg validation check, but appears when I click on generate fonts (where check validation is checked).
note:  I started with a 1000 em font, and it was too small so I made a 4096 em font by enlarging the 1000 em one.  Not sure if that created the issue, nor can I find answers on how to get rid of it.  I can generate a font if I click to ignore it, but Id like to know what it is and how to deal with it.

thanks much
dee

Re: (half solved) Two Questions (OK button missing & Private Dir Err)

flamingolady
Issue #1 is solved.  Solved by adjusting the screen resolution to the highest possible AND by reducing the default font size to the smallest available.  Doesn't totally fit onto the screen, but enough that the OK button is now usable.