Strange behaviour of AddAccent()

Stepan Roh
Hello.

I find AddAccent() behaviour very strange. If I want to build
Gcommaaccent, AddAccent("uni0326") adds U+0326 to the glyph, but
AddAccent(0u0326) adds comma to it (U+0044).

I found this behaviour confusing, especially since it is not mentioned in
documentation.

I would prefer if it did what I told it to do. I think pair of functions
GetSuggestedAccent() and AddAccent() or pair of functions AddAccent() and
AddAccentWithoutSuggestion() would be better.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh

Re: Strange behaviour of AddAccent()

George Williams
On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 09:29, Stepan Roh wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I find AddAccent() behaviour very strange. If I want to build
> Gcommaaccent, AddAccent("uni0326") adds U+0326 to the glyph, but
> AddAccent(0u0326) adds comma to it (U+0044).
>
> I found this behaviour confusing, especially since it is not mentioned in
> documentation.
This was actually intentional, but the reasons behind it no longer make
any sense to me either

accents.patch (729 bytes) Download Attachment

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, George Williams wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 09:29, Stepan Roh wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I find AddAccent() behaviour very strange. If I want to build
>> Gcommaaccent, AddAccent("uni0326") adds U+0326 to the glyph, but
>> AddAccent(0u0326) adds comma to it (U+0044).
>>
>> I found this behaviour confusing, especially since it is not mentioned in
>> documentation.
> This was actually intentional, but the reasons behind it no longer make
> any sense to me either

With your patch it works as expected. Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh