Re: [fontforge-announce] Illustrator to Fontforge?

Re: [fontforge-announce] Illustrator to Fontforge?

Max Rabkin-2
On 18 January 2017 at 10:17, Hübner Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately copy + paste from Illu to Fontforge doesn’t work (on my Mac).

Copy + paste is complicated and unreliable under XQuartz (which FontForge uses on Mac). You can try checking "Enable syncing" and "Update CLIPBOARD when Pasteboard changes" in the XQuartz preferences under "Pasteboard", but I know that vector graphics don't work between Inkscape and Mac programs.

You can try saving the files as SVG, or maybe it works better on Windows, if you have it.

Best of luck!

--Max

On 18 January 2017 at 10:17, Hübner Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

my characters are already drawn with Illustrator,
which is my favorite vector program.

Unfortunately copy + paste from Illu to Fontforge doesn’t work (on my Mac).

Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance!

Friendly Greetz
Peter Hübner