Quantcast

Re: [fontforge-announce] FontForge October Release

Re: [fontforge-announce] FontForge October Release

Jason Pagura
I tried building again as per your instructions this morning, still on Mac OS X 10.7.5, and got the following error:

In file included from pythonui.c:32:
In file included from ../fontforge/ffglib.h:27:
/opt/local/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:28:9: warning: '__GLIB_H_INSIDE__' macro redefined
#define __GLIB_H_INSIDE__
        ^
<command line>:7:9: note: previous definition is here
#define __GLIB_H_INSIDE__ 1
        ^
pythonui.c:575:10: fatal error: 'gdk/gdkx.h' file not found
#include <gdk/gdkx.h>
         ^
1 warning and 1 error generated.
make[3]: *** [libfontforgeexe_la-pythonui.lo] Error 1
mv -f .deps/libfontforgeexe_la-problems.Tpo .deps/libfontforgeexe_la-problems.Plo
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/work/fontforge-2.0.0_beta1/fontforgeexe'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/work/fontforge-2.0.0_beta1/fontforgeexe'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/work/fontforge-2.0.0_beta1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/work/fontforge-2.0.0_beta1'
Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/work/fontforge-2.0.0_beta1" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all
Exit code: 2
Error: Failed to build fontforge: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port fontforge failed

Where did I go wrong?

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Frank Trampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you willing to install MacPorts? If so, install it, install the command-line Xcode tools, install git from MacPorts if it is not included with Xcode, and then follow these steps.

Open /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf and add
file:///usr/local/src/github-fontforge
above the other sources.

In the terminal...
mkdir -p /usr/local/src/github-fontforge
cd /usr/local/src/github-fontforge
git clone https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge fontforge
sudo portindex
cd fontforge/osx
sudo ./force-rebuild.sh
cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_usr_local_src_github-fontforge_fontforge_osx/fontforge/work/fontforge-2.0.0_beta1
sudo bash ./osx/create-osx-app-bundle.sh

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Jason Pagura <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry about that. I have my iMac here running Snow Leopard and Lion on separate partitions. If you could walk me through it I can give compiling a try.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Frank Trampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Jason.

The announcement list is only for official announcements. We're trying to get all downloaders to subscribe, and we don't want to spam them.

As to your question, we don't currently have infrastructure to build for older versions. I could try building a Lion virtual machine for the next release, but I don't know how many people have this problem.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Jason Pagura <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can the new version be compiled to run on earlier versions of Mac OSX than 10.10?

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Frank Trampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Inline image 1
Hi, folks.

I'm happy to announce the October release of FontForge, a little late perhaps, but worth the wait. It brings a number of changes.
  • The modern-looking theme featured on the website, created by Andreas Larsen, now ships by default with FontForge. All old themes continue to work.
  • Handling of CID ranges, certain bitmap typeface formats, and spline stroking is better and more consistent.
  • FontForge now supports Unicode 9.0.
  • We (and I mean mostly Jeremy Tan) fixed a number of user interface quirks.
  • And we fixed some crashes.

Go to the FontForge website to get the right package for your platform.

Best wishes,

Frank

Jason Pagura
zimbach at gmail dot com