Quantcast

Re: cut-and-pasting kerning info

George Williams
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 19:14, Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
> I think it is very likely that it had been discussed, but I couldn't
> find it...
No, I don't think it has been discussed.

> When I copy and paste [A-Za-z] from font X to font Y, I had hoped that
> kerning info among [A-Za-z] would carry with the glyphs, but I seem to
> lose kern this way. Is there a way to carry kerns with the glyphs, or
> a way to copy and paste kerning info?
There isn't a way to copy/paste kerning easily. However the Merge Fonts
command will merge in kerning.
  Open font X, delete everything except [A-Za-z]
    Save it as X'
  Open font Y, delete [A-Za-z]
  Merge in X'

Re: cut-and-pasting kerning info

Ryuji Suzuki
From: George Williams <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Fontforge-users] cut-and-pasting kerning info
Date: 30 May 2005 12:21:10 -0700

> There isn't a way to copy/paste kerning easily. However the Merge Fonts
> command will merge in kerning.

Thanks. I'll try to make a script to do the suggested operations.

Ryuji Suzuki