Re: Registering Python Scripts to the Tools Menu (Windows)

Re: Registering Python Scripts to the Tools Menu (Windows)

Js jS
>Hi, Max!
>
>On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Max Rabkin <max.rabkin@...> wrote:
>
>> Try replacing ~/.fontforge with wherever fontforge keeps its settings. On
>> many Linux distributions it's ~/.config rather than ~ and on Windows it
>> might be in something like "App Settings" (I don't remember the name in
>> Windows 8) in your user folder.
>>

>Thank you for the pointer! I found the folder and was able to finally see
>some new menu items, added by the scripts! For posterity sake, the folder
>(for me) is:
>
>C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\AppData\Roaming\FontForge\python
>
>That's enough to get things working for me! Thank you sooooooooo much, Max!
>
>Out of curiosity, any idea why the $(PREFIX)\share\fontforge\python folder
>doesn't work? I often run a portable version of FF and would like to
>include the scripts there, but can't.
>
>Best,
>Abraham
hi all. i just joined, and i hope this ends up in the right place ...
i found that fontforge checks this location for scripts besides the "...user\AppData\Roaming\FontForge\python"
$(PREFIX)\share\fontforge\preferences\python
used the following tool to find it
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor

Re: Registering Python Scripts to the Tools Menu (Windows)

Abraham Lee
Hi, Js!

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Js jS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi, Max!
>
>On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Max Rabkin <max.rabkin@...> wrote:
>
>> Try replacing ~/.fontforge with wherever fontforge keeps its settings. On
>> many Linux distributions it's ~/.config rather than ~ and on Windows it
>> might be in something like "App Settings" (I don't remember the name in
>> Windows 8) in your user folder.
>>

>Thank you for the pointer! I found the folder and was able to finally see
>some new menu items, added by the scripts! For posterity sake, the folder
>(for me) is:
>
>C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\AppData\Roaming\FontForge\python
>
>That's enough to get things working for me! Thank you sooooooooo much, Max!
>
>Out of curiosity, any idea why the $(PREFIX)\share\fontforge\python folder
>doesn't work? I often run a portable version of FF and would like to
>include the scripts there, but can't.
>
>Best,
>Abraham
hi all. i just joined, and i hope this ends up in the right place ...
i found that fontforge checks this location for scripts besides the "...user\AppData\Roaming\FontForge\python"
$(PREFIX)\share\fontforge\preferences\python
used the following tool to find it
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor

That is a wonderful discovery! It's precisely what I was looking for and it works! I'm going to have to explore that tool. Looks very powerful (or at least very informative).

Best,
AbrahamĀ