Re: Problem with Chinese font

Gé van Gasteren-2
​ generated Chinese font for testing with Fontforge which works well in
>Adobe Acrobat but does not work in MS Word. Actually I only designed
>three glyphs which are "0", "A", and the Chinese character "?". The font file is "Zhong0A.ttf".
> It can be opened by Windows font-viewer like this. They all look fine.But
>when I apply the font in MS word, only "A" And "0" work, while  does not.

​Just guessing, but maybe the block where that U+4e2d is in has to be declared somehow for Windows to look at it?

Re: Problem with Chinese font

User mailing list
Yes you are right. The problem has been solved by "charset" - "MS code pages" to "936, Simplified Chinese".
A new problem arises. The Chinese characters overlap while the Latin and numberals don't. I am trying to fix it according to Scratch65535's suggestion. Thank you both and the FontForge community.
From:Gé van Gasteren <[hidden email]>
Time:2017 Jul 11 (Tue) 17:00
To:fontforge-users <[hidden email]>
Subject:Re: [fontforge-users] Problem with Chinese font