Re: How to implement OpenType blwf feature

Re: How to implement OpenType blwf feature

George Williams
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 12:46, Smith Ran wrote:
> I am trying to implement the 'blwf' feature (as mentioned here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/Teluguot/features.aspx) in
> the Telugu Indic script. It involves a [Consonant+Halant], which will
> both be replaced with a below base mark of the consonant type. I was
> wondering as to how I should achieve this with Fontforge?
I don't know enough about the language in question (I know nothing is
more accurate) to have any idea of what is required. My guess is that
you want to create a ligature.

I'd suggest finding a MS font for Telugu, or perhaps a similar indic
language, opening with ff and seeing how this feature is implemented.