Re: Chinese Characters overlap

User mailing list

I need to put space between Chinese characters to separate them. Did I made mistakes in generating the font?

Re: Re? Chinese Characters overlap

MMacD
Unless you have a defective copy of fontforge such that there's a
bug in the generator (which is unlikely), crowded or overlapping
chars means that the bounding-box isn't large enough to include
the necessary "air" that separates chars automatically.

Whether your chars have enough air is not especially easy to
determine unless you've used ff for awhile because the amount of
air is only indicated by lines, not by a different background
color outside the bounding-box.

So you have to look closely to see which of the many lines are
the ones indicating the edges of the box, and make sure they're
far enough away from the edges of the char.

And you have to do that, in the case of the left/right
"bearings", for each char separately.  The top and bottom limits
are the same across all chars, but left and right must be set for
each char individually.