Re: Box as space and resizing font

George Williams
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 20:20, Scott Slaugh wrote:
>   I have recently been trying to convert a font from a old Mac bitmap format
> to TTF.  I have had a couple of problems.  First, when I generate the font,
> the space character is not a space-instead it shows up as a box.  Is there
> anything I can do to get rid of this?
It sounds as though you have no space glyph in your font and are seeing
the ttf .notdef character. Simply open the space glyph and move the
width line to an appropriate place.
>   My other question has to do with the size of the font.  The bitmaps I was
> tracing as I converted the font were originally size 18.  However, when I
> generate the font, that turns into size 12.  Is there a way to tell it that
> the size entered should be considered size 18?  Thanks!
If you have "traced" the bitmaps, they you have generated a scalable
font. As such it has no inherent size associated with it but can be used
to generate a font of any size.