New user help

hayden hoover
I am trying to create the letter A, and I have drawn 2 separate paths but cannot seem to get the inside part to cut out of the A if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New user help

Abraham Lee
Hi, Hayden!

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM hayden hoover <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to create the letter A, and I have drawn 2 separate paths but cannot seem to get the inside part to cut out of the A if that makes sense.

You need to correct the outlines' directions. The general notion is that "external" contours are clockwise while "internal" contours are counter-clockwise. Click on any point of each contour, then go to the Edit menu and near the bottom you will find a bunch of options to change the directionality.

The problem is that FF sees them as going in the same direction, and therefore doesn't know that the internal triangle should actually be cutting out of the shape rather than adding to it. Making them go in opposite directions should fix this.

Best,
Abraham