New Announcement List

Frank Trampe
Hi, all.

I was thinking that it might be useful to have a new list just for FontForge announcements, like new releases. We would then suggest that people downloading the software subscribe so that they can get updates as they come without getting into the community discussions and such. Does this seem like a good idea? How do other projects deal with this?

Re: New Announcement List

Dave Crossland
I agree, a fontforge-newsletter list would be great.

On 6 September 2016 at 19:03, Frank Trampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all.

I was thinking that it might be useful to have a new list just for FontForge announcements, like new releases. We would then suggest that people downloading the software subscribe so that they can get updates as they come without getting into the community discussions and such. Does this seem like a good idea? How do other projects deal with this?

Cheers
Dave

Re: New Announcement List

Michal Nowakowski
W dniu 06.09.2016 o 20:15, Dave Crossland pisze:

> I agree, a fontforge-newsletter list would be great.
>
> On 6 September 2016 at 19:03, Frank Trampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> I was thinking that it might be useful to have a new list just for
>> FontForge announcements, like new releases. We would then suggest that
>> people downloading the software subscribe so that they can get updates as
>> they come without getting into the community discussions and such. Does
>> this seem like a good idea? How do other projects deal with this?

Is't that what's fontforge-announce for? What's wrong with it?

Regards,
Michał Nowakowski

Re: New Announcement List

Frank Trampe
Indeed. I forgot about it since it had been unused for so long. I'm fiddling with it right now.