Quantcast

May I copy kerning data from an AFM to another ?

May I copy kerning data from an AFM to another ?

ivan louette
Hi,

I am currently designing three different versions of the same font which differ only by their ascending and descending verticals.

I would use the same kerning data for the three and i ask me if I could simply copy kerning data between the the three linked AFM when I change something in one of the three and want to repercute it to the other ones.

Or perhaps is there a simpler solution ?

Thanks for any replies,
ivan

Re: May I copy kerning data from an AFM to another ?

Ricardo Lafuente-2
Hi Ivan,

Maybe this script will work for your purposes: https://github.com/ManufacturaInd/tinytypetools/tree/master/transpacing

On August 24, 2016 8:53:15 AM GMT+02:00, Ivan Louette <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am currently designing three different versions of the same font which differ only by their ascending and descending verticals.

I would use the same kerning data for the three and i ask me if I could simply copy kerning data between the the three linked AFM when I change something in one of the three and want to repercute it to the other ones.

Or perhaps is there a simpler solution ?

Thanks for any replies,
ivan

Re: May I copy kerning data from an AFM to another ?

Frank Trampe
Hi, guys.

Sorry for the delay. The message got caught in moderation somehow.