Latest advice for FontForge on OS X?

Kenneth Reid Beesley
I tried installing FontForge on OS X a few weeks ago and ran into some problems.

What’s the latest wisdom/advice about installing and running FontForge on OS X?

I’m currently running OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) though I would consider upgrading to El Capitan if that would help.

Thanks,

Ken

********************************
Kenneth R. Beesley, D.Phil.
PO Box 540475
North Salt Lake UT 84054
USA

Re: Latest advice for FontForge on OS X?

Jason Pagura
First, install the latest XQuartz.
next, download FontForge from http://fuuko.libferris.com/osx/packages/201509/17_0419/
open the disk image and install FontForge.app in your Applications folder.
That build seems to be mostly stable, but not 100%.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Kenneth Reid Beesley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried installing FontForge on OS X a few weeks ago and ran into some problems.

What’s the latest wisdom/advice about installing and running FontForge on OS X?

I’m currently running OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) though I would consider upgrading to El Capitan if that would help.

Thanks,

Ken

********************************
Kenneth R. Beesley, D.Phil.
PO Box 540475
North Salt Lake UT 84054
USA

Jason Pagura
zimbach at gmail dot com

On 18Nov2015, at 14:55, Jason Pagura <[hidden email]> wrote:

First, install the latest XQuartz.
next, download FontForge from http://fuuko.libferris.com/osx/packages/201509/17_0419/
open the disk image and install FontForge.app in your Applications folder.
That build seems to be mostly stable, but not 100%.

Many thanks, Jason!  It seems to be working for me.