Keeping FF from inserting various flags etc. everywhere when editing things? Feasibility of using the .ufo format?

Keeping FF from inserting various flags etc. everywhere when editing things? Feasibility of using the .ufo format?

madigens (Bugzilla)
Hi list,
I'm currently working on GNOME's Cantarell version and use git to
version my changes. I find that FF is quite noisy when I diff my
changes. It inserts and changes various fields ("Validated", "Flags",
"ModificationTime", "WinInfo") when I edit things. This is irritating
and I have to cherry-pick the stuff I want checked in and then "reset"
the working directory to prevent it from diverting from the checked in
state. Or shrug and accept unwieldy patches that make review harder. Can
I make FF stop fiddling somehow?

Also, I saw that FF supports the .ufo directory format for interchange
but seemingly can't save to it. Is it just for importing? Otherwise, is
the support mature enough that I could do all of my work in that format
instead of a .sfdir?

Best regards,
Nikolaus