Quantcast

Importing Image Template?

Torako
When I try to import a set of images as an image template, I just get the error "Bad image file: not a bitmap:" and then the filename. It does that no matter what image format I try, including actual bmp files. The files import just fine if I select them one at a time as "image", though. What am I doing wrong? I tried Googling the error but just got the same question on this mailing list with no replies. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Importing Image Template?

michinari.nukazawa
Hello.

I not detected to "Bad image file","not a bitmap" strings by easy grep(grep -rl) in fontforge source.

I think hint to help other developers.

1. please your instruction.
(ex. Open FontForge, Create New Font, Menu select "File > Import"  check "As Background" Push button "Import")

2. example "image file".
It uploading to free uploader or other.
> It does that no matter what image format I try,
Your kind of bitmap file format (ex. "32bit color RGB 1024x512pixel")(ex. $file ./imagefile.bmp output )
Do you mean check the not ".bmp" file format (".jpg" ".png")?

3. your fontforge version / environment
Show from $ fontforge --version output or "Help > About" menu.
environment (ex. Ubuntu 15.10 amd64 / Windows 7 x64 Home Premium)

Thanks.

On 2015年11月14日 08:05, Laura Garinger wrote:
When I try to import a set of images as an image template, I just get the error "Bad image file: not a bitmap:" and then the filename. It does that no matter what image format I try, including actual bmp files. The files import just fine if I select them one at a time as "image", though. What am I doing wrong? I tried Googling the error but just got the same question on this mailing list with no replies. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Importing Image Template?

michinari.nukazawa
I grep error message match to fontforge/cvimages.c line:1065

(I miss read check fontforge.github.io source)
====
 struct _GImage *base;
~
if ( base->image_type!=it_mono ) {
====

if your import image file is not monocrome?

Thanks.

On 2015年11月15日 18:46, michinari.nukazawa wrote:
Hello.

I not detected to "Bad image file","not a bitmap" strings by easy grep(grep -rl) in fontforge source.

I think hint to help other developers.

1. please your instruction.
(ex. Open FontForge, Create New Font, Menu select "File > Import"  check "As Background" Push button "Import")

2. example "image file".
It uploading to free uploader or other.
> It does that no matter what image format I try,
Your kind of bitmap file format (ex. "32bit color RGB 1024x512pixel")(ex. $file ./imagefile.bmp output )
Do you mean check the not ".bmp" file format (".jpg" ".png")?

3. your fontforge version / environment
Show from $ fontforge --version output or "Help > About" menu.
environment (ex. Ubuntu 15.10 amd64 / Windows 7 x64 Home Premium)

Thanks.

On 2015年11月14日 08:05, Laura Garinger wrote:
When I try to import a set of images as an image template, I just get the error "Bad image file: not a bitmap:" and then the filename. It does that no matter what image format I try, including actual bmp files. The files import just fine if I select them one at a time as "image", though. What am I doing wrong? I tried Googling the error but just got the same question on this mailing list with no replies. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Importing Image Template?

Torako
michinari.nukazawa wrote
I grep error message match to fontforge/cvimages.c line:1065

(I miss read check fontforge.github.io source)
====
  struct _GImage *base;
~
if ( base->image_type!=it_mono ) {
====

if your import image file is not monocrome?

Thanks.

On 2015年11月15日 18:46, michinari.nukazawa wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I not detected to "Bad image file","not a bitmap" strings by easy
> grep(grep -rl) in fontforge source.
>
> I think hint to help other developers.
>
> 1. please your instruction.
> (ex. Open FontForge, Create New Font, Menu select "File > Import"
> check "As Background" Push button "Import")
>
> 2. example "image file".
> It uploading to free uploader or other.
> > It does that no matter what image format I try,
> Your kind of bitmap file format (ex. "32bit color RGB
> 1024x512pixel")(ex. $file ./imagefile.bmp output )
> Do you mean check the not ".bmp" file format (".jpg" ".png")?
>
> 3. your fontforge version / environment
> Show from $ fontforge --version output or "Help > About" menu.
> environment (ex. Ubuntu 15.10 amd64 / Windows 7 x64 Home Premium)
>

> Thanks.
>
> On 2015年11月14日 08:05, Laura Garinger wrote:
>> When I try to import a set of images as an image template, I just get
>> the error "Bad image file: not a bitmap:" and then the filename. It
>> does that no matter what image format I try, including actual bmp
>> files. The files import just fine if I select them one at a time as
>> "image", though. What am I doing wrong? I tried Googling the error
>> but just got the same question on this mailing list with no replies.
>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!

I don't know how to check if my image is monochrome. I've tried everything I can think of. What is that code checking for?