How to make a font that is "taller" than another font?

How to make a font that is "taller" than another font?

Jeff Meininger
I want to make a font that has long descenders relative to standard latin fonts.

For example, Zapfino 14 is a heck of a lot taller than Helvetica 14.

What levers do I pull in fontforge to achieve this? Thanks!

Re: How to make a font that is "taller" than another font?

Jeff Meininger
Figured it out, sorry for the noise. (Just had to set the em box to be much shorter than the actual glyph content.)