Quantcast

How can I change the language to French? Mac OSX

How can I change the language to French? Mac OSX

Claude Pelletier
How can I change the language to French ? Mac OSX

Re: How can I change the language to French? Mac OSX

jrbastien
This post was updated on .
I'm not familar with the process on Mac OSX but you can refer to these instructions for Windows and Linux to get the idea.  I assume this is similar:
FontForge en français

Fontforge does not provide language switching through its interface.  You have to manually copy the translation file.  Notice that the full translation file has been completed in late October 2016.  So, it is better to obtain the latest fr.po file from Github and to compile it.  (Simply saving it with PoEdit will create a compiled fr.mo).

Good luck and let me know how it goes.  I could use your feedback to update some instructions.
Jean-René

Re: How can I change the language to French? Mac OSX

Claude Pelletier
The problem is to start in French.
------
Il ne démarre pas en français comme Inkspace.

Re: How can I change the language to French? Mac OSX

jrbastien
This post was updated on .
Yes, but you need to make sure that your OSX installation contains a French resource file (somewhere in ...\share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/FontForge.mo).  At least, this is where you can find it under Windows and Linux.
Try to find that path in OSX. If there is already one and it is not using it, the quickest solution is probably to just override the english one by this one.  If it is not present, as I said you will need to create one using a software like POEdit.
If you can't make it work, and your system is really in French by default, you can create an issue on Github indicating this installation issue.