Quantcast

Help a guy work with his mouse

Nathan Willis-4
Okay; I'm feeling suitably dense and defeated now to email the list with a question.  How do I reassign which tool is attached to the mouse buttons beyond Mouse-1?

On Linux, specifically, if that matters. As in, Mouse-2 or shift-Mouse-1|2?

I feel like this used to be possible/simple/an-easy-to-find-Preference and now I don't see it.... Honestly I would dearly love to assign something to Mouse-3; the ideal setup would be to have the main mouse button for the current editing tool, but quick access to zoon and hand-navigation on the others.  But right now, I'll settle for any clues on the process.

Thanks,
Nate

--
nathan.p.willis

Re: Help a guy work with his mouse

Nathan Willis-4
Well, OK; that works for Mouse-2, but not for the shift-buttons.  And (perhaps separately) is there no hope for Mouse-3?

(The documentation mentions the need for a three-button mouse, BTW; perhaps that's archaic -- it seems to mention it in the context of a warning for OS X users; there's not much more said about it).

Nate