Quantcast

Font bigger after extracting subset

Barrick, Simon

Hi,

New to the list. I’ve been trying to use Fontforge to subset a font and extract just the simplified Chinese glyphs but when I do so the outputted ttf is larger than the original despite having less than half the glyphs in it. The font I’m working with is DroidSansFallback.ttf if that helps. I’ve tried the int trick but that didn’t seem to make any difference.

Is there some other “compression” trick that needs to be applied after deleting and removing blank glyphs?

Simon

Re: Font bigger after extracting subset

Barrick, Simon

From here?