Font Not Filled In

Nidalap
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I made my font in Illustrator and imported my first letter into FontForge, however in the preview of all the letters, the box for my first letter no longer has a cross in it but it's just white. The letter is not filled in in the editor either, it's just the outline. If I go into New Metrics Window, I can see just the outline of the font which I don't even think is black, looks dark grey, but might be black. Why is my font not filled in? What step am I missing?

Re: Font Not Filled In

Nidalap
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I found how to see the preview i.e. ctrl + `, but in this preview mode I get exactly the same result as when I type in the New Metric Window. So not sure how to fix it still.

I also found the issue that is causing my font to appear to be just a faint outline - unfortunately I'm not sure how to fix it. If I zoom in, each line that was a single line in Illustrator is now two lines i.e. somewhere in the conversion process, the thickness of the lines in Illustrator were treated by drawing borders around the lines causing two lines. The question is why did this happen? In Illustrator, my font is drawn only by a single line, so why do I get two lines in FontForge?

Re: Font Not Filled In

Nidalap
Fixed, wasn't using a filled in letter in Illustrator, was just using an outline, now it all works.