FF crashes immediately upon startup MAC

tim87
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I downloaded and installed the latest FontForge and XQuartz. When I try to open the app it immediately crashes. Things I've tried:

- Opening by pressing the app icon, opening by clicking a .sfd file
- Deleting and installing both apps again
- Updating to the latest XQuartz
- Run FF with and without XQuartz app running

I'm new to this so it could be some n00bish mistake :) Hope somebody knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Re: FF crashes immediately upon startup MAC

Max Rabkin-2
I experience this too, and it's a known issue
https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/issues/2530

If you have the necessary skills you can build FontForge from the git
master, but otherwise it seems the only possibility is to wait for a new
release.

On 02/11/2015 21:52, Max Rabkin wrote:
> I experience this too, and it's a known issue
> https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/issues/2530
>
> If you have the necessary skills you can build FontForge from the git
> master, but otherwise it seems the only possibility is to wait for a
> new release.
Or run an old version.

Re: FF crashes immediately upon startup MAC

tim87
Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary dev skills, so I guess I'll just have to wait for a new release. In the meantime I'll try to install the linked HEAD version from the thread.

Cheers

Re: FF crashes immediately upon startup MAC

tim87
FYI

Installed the HEAD version and this seems to work :)

Second question: is there also some kind of retina support for the UI?