FF alters glyphs by replacing points

Pocok Előd
 Hi,

I'm using FF v 02-jul-2012 and I found that after some operations like saving as another file etc. glyphs are likely to change. Mainly changes are in curve points (in my font letters don't contain corners, they are rounded): some of them (mainly near extrema) get replaced by a very short section of straight line ending in tangent points or by a corner point. Sometimes they get duplicated but in a way that one new point is in a wrong position (moved up or down) resulting in a small step-like shape which can be seen in the text even in normal sizes. These errors appeared in each and every letter, so now I basically had to redraw the font to eliminate them.

Another problem is with metrics view: a large step is shown where the beginning and the endpoint of a loop joins.

Can you help me what to set or how can these problems be fixed?

All the best,
Attila

Re: FF alters glyphs by replacing points

Jason Pagura
There was a problem with cumulative rounding errors, but I thought it had been corrected by that version.  Applying the Element>Round>To Int feature should resolve the step-like shapes, but it will shift any off-grid points, which may be undesirable in your situation.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Frank Trampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

zimbach at gmail dot com