Distance Python Scripting

Patrick Attard
Hi,

I am currently using the fontforge python scripting in order to generate a glyph and I would like to compare it to the original glyph, for example I generate the letter A for a glyph and then I need a distance function in order to find out how similar the generated A is to the original (for example the generated A is 80% similar to the original one). I saw that there is a function called similar in python scripting that compares 2 contour finds the maximum amount of error needed to diverge. I would like to know exactly how this works since the project I am working on is for my thesis at university.

Thanks for your help

Patrick

Re: Distance Python Scripting

Dave Crossland
Its in the C codebase, which is on Github :) If you can't read C code, perhaps you have other students at your school who can? :)