Quantcast

Disrepancies between Kern by classes/Metrics window

Disrepancies between Kern by classes/Metrics window

Artur Rataj
Hi, both windows allow viewing of pairs of characters, yet in the case of a certain SFD font the pairs look very different (I have never tested this for other fonts.) In particular, the Metric window shows the text much more condensed. What is the cause of these disrepancies?

Best regards,
Artur

Re: Disrepancies between Kern by classes/Metrics window

Artur Rataj

f.jpg (31K) Download Attachment

Re: Disrepancies between Kern by classes/Metrics window

Artur Rataj
As opposed to what is seen in the screenshot from the current version of Fontforge, Fontforge from 2012 displays the pair in the same way, which I guess is expected when the effective kerning value is the same.

Best regards,
Artur