Create Century Schoolbook Cyrillic semi-bold?

Create Century Schoolbook Cyrillic semi-bold?

About Me Gifts
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Create Century Schoolbook Cyrillic semi-bold?

MMacD
On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 04:15:19 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>Hi,I need to create a semi-bold CentSchbkCyrill BT font.  Bold is too bold and regular isn't bold enough.  I'm not a developer and have no knowledge of fonts except that I'm a fontaholic.I need to duplicate some pages to be made into a book where I print on one page and the facing page is already printed, so my font isn't matching up with what's already there.
>Thanks so much for your help!Tricia

I'm not sure that there's anyone on the list who will create
fonts to order, Tricia, or at least not for free.   There's a
fair bit of work involved, not especially hard, but certainly
tedious.

Since you seem to have a good relationship with fonts from the
artistic-craft side, you might find that learning the basics of
fontforge, and producing the fonts you need, is within your own
reach.

If you have bitmap software such as Pshop, Gimp, or similar, you
could create a large composite regular-over-bold image for  each
of the chars you need (which is probably only the basic alphabet
in caps and lower), and use those images in the background to
guide you in splitting the difference to yield a semi-bold.  If
you know how to do char spacing so that the spaces are visually
equal (e.g DO practcally touch, IH are far apart, AV overlap each
other's space), you adjust the "side bearings" appropriately.
Done carefully, the result should be very usable for your
purposes.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED