Contextual substitutions

marcelo magalhaes
Hello,

I'm working in a typeface called Coiny (Latin and Tamil )

https://github.com/marcelommp/Coiny

and after have a good experience with basic subs at this moment I'm having some troubles with contextual substitutions.

I've been testing some tutorials and reading a lot of materials but I'm stuck at this point.

On the left side in grey backgroun an exemple of the string I need working inĀ  Catamaran Typeface and on the right side the same string with Coiny typeface in blue background.

I tried a lot with the lookups even creating mark classes:

https://github.com/marcelommp/Coiny/blob/gh-pages/images/mark_Classes.png

I Know how to resolve this creating a new glyph and doing a basic substitution but I think this isn't smart and probably increase the size file.

Thanks,

Marcelo