Charachter with whitespace just fills in space

Charachter with whitespace just fills in space

finn
I have made the letter a and the character editing looks like this:

however when i try to use the charachter it looks like this:

I'm pretty new to typefacing but i assume its got something to do with the point order? either way how would I fix it, also i believe (though i couldn't be able to tell) that the inner circle probably isn't appearing either.

to better illistrate how the charachter should look the rough sketch looks like this:

Re: Charachter with whitespace just fills in space

Martin B. Brilliant
You need to have the outermost contour clockwise, the next one counterclockwise, and the innermost contour should be clockwise again. It looks as though you have all the contours in the same direction. In the glyph view you can both check that and fix it in the Element menu.

finn
wow it was actually only one click to fix... thanks anyways sorry for wasting your time!

Re: Charachter with whitespace just fills in space

Martin B. Brilliant
No apology needed. That’s what we’re here for. It makes us feel superior. No, actually, it reminds me of when I was first starting out. Glad you fixed it so quickly.