Can I change my font line spacing height?

Can I change my font line spacing height?

michinari.nukazawa
I making original font "Cartelet Meneuvers".
(Cartelet Meneuvers is a script type font.)

But line spacing is large.
Can I fix this issue?

Please help.

screen shot:
https://twitter.com/MNukazawa/status/869191624915468288
fontdata(.sdf):
https://osdn.net/downloads/users/11/11947/20170531_Cartelet_Maneuvers.sfd

Thanks.

--
==========
Michinari.Nukazawa

in the project "daisy bell"
https://daisy-bell.booth.pm/

Re: Can I change my font line spacing height?

jrbastien
Hi, nice font!  The biggest issue with your fonts is that they are small compared to their EM size (1000).
You can simply magnify them with Edit-->Select --> Glyphs Worth Ouputting, then Element-->Transformations-->Transform-->Scale Uniformely... and apply a factor of 175%.

This will change your left side and right bearing values so I would set them back arbitrarly to 6 (or whatever you like in Metrics-->Set Both Bearings...).  You will also need to adjust the kerning after that.

The line spacing (in Font Info-->OS2-->Metrics tab) can further be customized as per these instructions in Design with FontForge - Line Spacing

Re: Can I change my font line spacing height?

michinari.nukazawa
Thank you for your reply.
(I forget checked spam folder. Sorry.)

Fix my issue.
https://twitter.com/MNukazawa/status/871703670785757184

This font generated by my build script.
I will append script, is changing source image size in build system.

Thanks.

On 2017年05月31日 08:56, jrbastien wrote:

> Hi, nice font!  The biggest issue with your fonts is that they are small
> compared to their EM size (1000).
> You can simply magnify them with Edit-->Select --> Glyphs Worth Ouputting,
> then Element-->Transformations-->Transform-->Scale Uniformely... and apply a
> factor of 175%.
>
> This will change your left side and right bearing values so I would set them
> back arbitrarly to 6 (or whatever you like in Metrics-->Set Both
> Bearings...).  You will also need to adjust the kerning after that.
>
> The line spacing (in Font Info-->OS2-->Metrics tab) can further be
> customized as per these instructions in  Design with FontForge - Line
> Spacing<http://designwithfontforge.com/en-US/Line_Spacing.html>

Michinari.Nukazawa

in the project "daisy bell"
https://daisy-bell.booth.pm/