Announcing - LibUniNamesList Version 20160701 (Unicode 9.0)

Joe

Announcing - LibUniNamesList Version 20160701 (Unicode 9.0)

Joe
LibUniNamesList is now updated to version 1.0 (from 0.5)
LibUniNamesList-fr is now updated to version 1.0 (from 0.4)

Features with this new update:
  * Names and annotations are updated to Unicodes Version 9.0
    This adds 7500 new characters, for a new total of 128,172 characters.
  * LibUniNamesList-fr currently remains at Unicodes Version 7.0
  * Thanks to @lemzwerg for differentiating and correcting library versions
    Due to the significant change, plus having noted Fedora Debian and some
    distros having a so-bump of 1, it seemed best to skip going to 0.6 and
    go directly to version (CRA) 1.0.0 for both libraries. The library name
    and package have also been shortened down from c.r.yyyymmdd to yyyymmdd

To download a *.tar.gz or *.zip copy, please go to:
https://github.com/fontforge/libuninameslist/releases

To build a copy, you will need to:
autoreconf -i
automake
./configure    ( optional --enable-frenchlib )
make
sudo make install

The steps above will add or update your libuninameslist to version 1.0

Files installed are:
/usr/local/lib/libuninameslist.1.0.*
/usr/local/include/uninameslist.h

...if you choose "./configure --enable-frenchlib" then added files are:
/usr/local/lib/libuninameslist-fr.1.0.*
/usr/local/include/uninameslist-fr.h
(NOTE: no changes to this library, except for CRA version correction).

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Announcing - LibUniNamesList Version 20160701 (Unicode 9.0)

Pander
On 2016-07-02 00:25, Jose Da Silva wrote:

> LibUniNamesList is now updated to version 1.0 (from 0.5)
> LibUniNamesList-fr is now updated to version 1.0 (from 0.4)
>
> Features with this new update:
>   * Names and annotations are updated to Unicodes Version 9.0
>     This adds 7500 new characters, for a new total of 128,172 characters.
>   * LibUniNamesList-fr currently remains at Unicodes Version 7.0
>   * Thanks to @lemzwerg for differentiating and correcting library versions
>     Due to the significant change, plus having noted Fedora Debian and some
>     distros having a so-bump of 1, it seemed best to skip going to 0.6 and
>     go directly to version (CRA) 1.0.0 for both libraries. The library name
>     and package have also been shortened down from c.r.yyyymmdd to yyyymmdd
>

> To download a *.tar.gz or *.zip copy, please go to:
> https://github.com/fontforge/libuninameslist/releases
>

> To build a copy, you will need to:
> autoreconf -i
> automake
> ./configure    ( optional --enable-frenchlib )
> make
> sudo make install
>

> The steps above will add or update your libuninameslist to version 1.0
>
> Files installed are:
> /usr/local/lib/libuninameslist.1.0.*
> /usr/local/include/uninameslist.h
>
> ...if you choose "./configure --enable-frenchlib" then added files are:
> /usr/local/lib/libuninameslist-fr.1.0.*
> /usr/local/include/uninameslist-fr.h
> (NOTE: no changes to this library, except for CRA version correction).
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Hi all,

Very nice! For Python, I have been trying to get information on Unicode
codepoints extended. Perhaps this approach might also benefit
libuninameslist. For more information, see
https://bugs.python.org/issue6331 and https://bugs.python.org/issue16684

If someone who is into Python would like to have access to additional
information on Unicode codepoints, please try to get these two issues
moved further towards getting implement in a Python release.

Thanks,

Pander